The road to delivering true customer centricity and an experience that connects them to your brand means that pharma need to adapt. In order to transition from an assets company to a solutions, pharma needs to address the question: how can we launch for a solution, not just a product?
More specifically, at DP West, find out the answers to the following questions/challenges:
• What would you define as a “solution” – what would you measure differently
• "Solutioning" implies outside the comfort zone thinking. How does your organization support that? Is innovation just a buzzword?
• What models or methods would you recommend that marketers leverage to build solutions? E.g., journey mapping, design thinking and script journey.
• Assessing the pharma innovation landscape today – how can we solve current and future unmet market needs?
• Value beyond the pill – actually going beyond a Patient Hub. Where does ‘beyond’ actually take us from an executional perspective?
• Can pharma adopt a company culture that is less risk averse and lends itself to improved operational efficiency to allow for more innovative tools and offerings? Will this deliver solutions?
• How do you support ways of working within a cross-functional environment that balances speed, relevance, demands and utility to get where we want to be, in terms of rolling out solutions?
• What partners and how do you partner with specialty vendors that do provide services
• Measurement of Success – What are the key KPIs for Solutions. How do you bridge KPIs to program return(s)
• Technology while being an enabler can also take time to build and deployed. How do you all overcome these IT bottlenecks in Solution delivery.
Well, this all sounds great – but in order to start working on and delivering these solutions – how do we manage the role of data insights, overcome in house capabilities/limitations and how to store data internally?
• How are
people, process and technologies being used today by pharma marketers to separate out the signal from the noise that is inherent in all data types?
• Can pharma marketers truly cross the chasm (think of magnitudes of the Ministries of Health, the FDA, Health Canada, and the European Medicines Agency) in leveraging the “wellness data” locked in the consumer/payer market(s) to deliver patient engagement programs that create value in key therapy areas?
• Well now that we have sales force automation and marketing automation in place – how best can we make sure that fallible humans do not make these systems fallible? Can we ever do CLM effectively?
• Marketing mix modeling – Anyone? What has worked? What has not? How best can you get senior leadership to buy into the ways of working in this digital world? How best can we set up a framework of governance to measure and act on both leading and lagging indicators relative to brand marketing initiatives?
• How can we leverage data to be the common glue that builds relationships with legal, compliance, regulatory and R&D functions? How can we deploy AE and PV processes that not just deliver compliance but insights?
• What about the smaller guys? Many times in a smaller company pre-launch the commercial technologies that are being built are not fully appreciated by other functions. How can these walls be broken down?
o E.g. Can call trees can serve your medical information group to capture AEs post launch?
• The dreaded three letter word – ROI. What gets measured gets done. Therefore, how do we measure the right things accurately?